Local rules for club Champs finalised
Welcome to Drakensberg Gardens Club Championships -2021
1. The Club Championship will be contested in 3 Divisions A Division – Handicap index 8.6 and below B Division – Handicap Index 8.7-14.1 C Division 14.2 and above
2. Your Playing handicap which is your handicap for club champs will be your course handicap X the handicap allowance of 95%. Ie CH X 95% = PH . This is in accordance with the latest world handicapping system guidelines. The first club in SA to play with latest WHS standards
3. According to GOLFRSA flagsticks may not be removed
4. Covid protocols around the clubhouse apply
5. A and B Division will be contested as a strokeplay medal competition. C Division Individual Stableford
6. The maximum score will be capped at 4 over par on any hole for the A and B Division. Therefore:
ï‚· If you make an 8 on a par three you may mark it as a 7
ï‚· If you pick your ball up and walk to the next tee without holing out on a par 4 you will not be disqualified and may mark an 8 on your card
ï‚· If you make a 9 on a par 5 it stands(4 over par)
ï‚· If you make a 9 on a par 4 you may change it to an 8
7. C Division will be played as an individual stableford competition. Once you have played more than 3 strokes over par on a hole you should pick the ball up to speed up play.
8. If there is a tie for 1st place in the A and B division there will be a playoff on the 1st and 2nd holes. Total score over the 2 holes wins. If there is a tie thereafter there will be a sudden death playoff on the 1st hole until there is a winner.
9. If there is a tie for 1st place in the C Division, the winner will be decided on a count out. The Stableford scores on holes with strokes 1-3 will be added. Thereafter if there is a tie each hole will be checked for the highest stableford score starting at stroke 4, 5 and so on.
10. There will be a ceded draw after day one based on the leaderboard positions. The leaders playing with each other
11. Your handicap index will be the handicap index reflecting on the HNA website on Saturday the 6th March 2021. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the correct handicap index and course handicap on you scorecard. This handicap will not be adjusted after day one based on first day scores
12. If bad weather intervenes, the committee may decide to reduce the competition to 18 holes
13. Once the hooter blows you must stop play and head to the nearest safe place
14. The B Division have been allocated carts. If you are in the B Division and do not want a cart let Tournament Director know. Players in the A and C divisions will not be allowed carts except for players with a medical certificate. There are only enough carts to accommodate the B Division. Cart fees not included in entrance fee.
15. A limited number of caddies are available but caddies for everyone without a cart is not guaranteed
Local Rules Club Champs 2021 - On the course1. A and B division- Yellow tee markers C Division – White tee markers Ladies – Red tee markers
2. All ground under repair is marked with painted white lines.
3. COVID regulations
a. flagsticks must not be removed or touched
b. Scorecards must not be exchanged, or touch marker’s card
4. Placing within 1 club length is allowed on all closely mown areas, otherwise the ball must be played as it lies
Measuring devices are allowed
Q. What kind of distance-measuring devices are allowed by Local Rule?
A. A GPS, laser, smart phone, any really; however, it is important that the device only measures distance.
5. Out of Bounds – These are defined by the white markers situated on:
- Right of Fairway 14
- Left of Fairways 6/7/12
- Beyond boundary fence into Car park/Clubhouse on the 18th
6. Penalty Areas
- There is a penalty area (water hazard) on the 5th hole
- All unmarked lakes, ponds or open water courses - as if red penalty area.
7. Immovable Rocks – Any ball coming to rest near same and which interferes with stroke or stance may be dropped without penalty at the nearest point of relief. Any artificially hardened road that interferes with your stance or intended area of swing may be dropped without penalty.
8. Distance Markers to the front of the Green– 200m Blue – 150 m; Red – 100 m.
9. Distance markers are deemed to be immovable obstruction
10. Hoofprints and Tractor Tyre Treads – Relief of one club length from the nearest point of relief may be taken without penalty
11. If in doubt about a ruling play a second ball and ask for a ruling later
12. Drop zone on the third hole is an extra option for relief from the penalty area